The IRS has announced that individuals who could have claimed the education credit but failed to do so on their original returns, may claim the credit on an amended return. In general, an amended return may be filed within three years from the date your return was filed or within two years from the time the tax was paid, whichever is later. This rule creates a refund opportunity for those who filed their returns without claiming an education credit that they were entitled to. If you can benefit from this rule, please call for further details.